Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Journal Adventure



I was very tired, and a bit discouraged. At home, bored and down on cash, I had absolutely nothing to do. So many things had gone downhill fast for me. And I just needed a diversion. I went to my book pile to search out something I could read. I needed a book at least one year old because I find it a waste of time reading a book that I can remember everything about.

I found a book alright, a book I haven’t ever read; because all I had ever done was write in it. It was my private spiritual journal. Every evening last year, I had got out the journal and a pen, and scribbled down all the activities of the day worth documenting, the bible passage for the day and what I learnt for the day.

Going through it was like a walking through a private park that I had designed, built and developed but hadn’t visited in a long time. So many high and low moments. Words coded in such a manner that only I could remember the whole incident. And then I was reminded; God has been so faithful, so many accidents I had escaped, so many troubles I have come through, and now they are even barely a memory right now. Healed. Restored. Delivered.

I encourage you to own a journal. When I first saw the prayer of Jabez journal by Bruce Wilkinson; I thought it was just a money making idea that he was milking. But I bought it anyway (it was cheap!) and I used it alongside the Prayer of Jabez devotional. Now I buy devitionals and journals without thinking about the cost. Because according to that old school gospel song.

"As I look back over my life
And I think things over
I can truly say that I’ve been blessed
I’ve got a testimony!"

Get a journal and trace your spiritual journey; soon and very soon, you’ll have so many testimonies.

No comments: